[IP] Re: Gastroparesis

I have had gastroparesis for several year. Starts with nausea, then I have
such bloating around my diaphram I can't breath. Eventually I will start
vomiting. I can't even keep jello water down at that stage.
I was given a test to check mine. Had me eat a regular breakfast with
something in it (radioactive) and then x-rayed me every 30 min. Six hours
later it had not started digesting yet, so they sent me home.
I was on Reglan till I had an antiphylactic reaction. Then on Propulsid
which was taken off the market. I have been off all meds for two months and
are having symptoms, but no vomiting. Dr. said it that started they would
put me in the hospital and try Reglan under supervision. They don't know
what caused the reaction, on several meds at that time. Entergastrologist
mentioned a stomach tube, but I am not ready for that yet. Eat small meals
several times a day. Really plays havoc with BGs. Never could control them
without my pump.
Gail D. Type 1 - 44 yrs  pumper 19 yrs