[IP] Re: Backpack pump

> ))))))  I have an article of the first man to wear this backpack
> pump....I believe he worked at the Seattle Times....It was around '82 I
> think and the article is informative, interesting and exciting!

MiniMed FedExed a pic to me of the first backpack pump so I could display it
on my BASH memorabilia table. It was '63 and the man who designed it is
wearing it - name was Kadesh from Elkhart, Indiana. It was infused near his
wrist and delivered insulin and glucagon. An item that required bed rest. And
some people think the pumps of today are too large to be connected to 24/7!