[IP] changes in insulin need with changes in cycle

I am a 52 year old woman who has been on the pump for about nine months.  I
still get my period and find that for about a week before my sugars are going
crazy.  THis happened before the pump but I thought that I could better
control this with the pump but am not being successful.  I have raised my
basals during this time and increased my boluses for food but still can not
stay in good control.  The rest of the month,my control is quite good.  Any
suggestions.  Debby