RE: [IP] Re:

> Prior to it's conversion to human type, Velosulin was an animal
> insulin. Velosulin used to be the only insulin actually approved for
> use in pumps. It is an assumption on my part that the animal form was
> used in pumps, perhaps others can fill in the history of this
> insulin.
> email @ redacted

I was initially put on Velosulin BR (buffered regular) after 20+ yrs on
Lilly's reg/nph.. this change was to ready me for the pump..WOW!!  I had to
immediately carbo count big time, as I would be EATING DINNER and crash!

Anyway, this past Aug I began the Humalog (Lispro) & when you become
adjusted to how lows feel, you do fine...  I DO definitely push using HONEY
or CORN SYRUP when low as my CDE instructs as it gets to your blood stream
quicker than eating choc/milk/hard candies ..