No Subject

I have a question for those who have experienced gastroparesis. What are
your symptoms? I have been having stomach problems - mainly nausea, stomach
making gurgling noises, burping, slight burning in upper part of stomach (but
doesn't feel like heartburn). It doesn't necessarily have any rhyme or
reason, sometimes after a meal sometimes out of the blue. My doctor thinks it
may be gastroparesis but I'm not sure. I had stomach trouble for a couple of
months last year and was prescribed different stomach meds (tagament, reglan,
and others) which did nothing but made me feel worse. My doctor has
prescribed Zantac 150 mgs. 2 X a day. I am reluctant to try this since all
the other meds made me feel even worse and I'm afraid this might too. At
least now I can tolerate it but I don't want to make myself feel worse. Any
suggestions or advise regarding your experience with this type of problem
would be appreciated.
Thank You, Linda
Gastroparesis usually presents with a sensation of being full and not
hungry it is usually accompanied by constipation or a feeling of nausea if
you try to eat. you may also notice frequent belching and gas, It can be
proven by an isotope meal. In this test you eat an egg sandwich where the
egg is prepared with a harmless amount of technicium 99m sulfur colloid, a
radioactive isotope that they watch with a gamma camera. if it stays in
your stomach and doesn't move along after a bout 20 minutes, you have
gastroparesis.  Zantac and Tagemet are acid reducers and do nothing for
gastroparesis. Reglan usually works but can make you depressed. The best
drug was Propulsid which is only available for people who are not able to
benefit from other drugs.  It sounds like you have gastroparesis but have
the motility study to be certain. Erythromycin may also work. Spot
A Bender, M. D.