[IP] Re: U500

In a message dated 12/14/00 11:59:42 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Personally I finding that remembering to bolus a good 2 hours
> before eating a bit of a pain so I'm using the pump to square
> (Minimed 508) and humalog pens to bolus at meals. Because I can
> rotate site with the pen I'm not getting skin reaction from doing that
> either.

I wouldn't like this insulin because of having to use a shot or a pen to
bolus.  Just can't see doing both when wearing a pump.  Now maybe if the pump
had a place for 2 cartridges and you could switch to bolus from the u100 one
and then switch back for the basals, that would be neat.

type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000