No Subject

Paul Stone <email @ redacted>
Hi    My name Paul Stone. I am 52 years old and I have had diabetes for 38
yrs. I would like very much to tryroline an insulin pump. However presently
I am
on "Pork" animal insulin, and I don't know if that would work well in an
insulin pump. I have tried to change to Lilly's Humilin and Humalog
insulin's, but they don't seem to set well with me. When Novo releases it's
Novolog insulin I would like to try it. In the mean time I would like to
find out as much information about using Pork insulin in an pump as I can.
I would like to chat with someone who may be using Pork insulin in a pump
or possibly someone who may have had good results using Novo's insulin's
who couldn't tolerate Lilly's (human) brand insulins.

But,Novolog is not animal insulin. It is LillyHumulog repacked by
NovoNordisk AS under a license from Lilly Humulog must be made by r-DNA
technologu because it derives its speed of action from a flip of lysine and
Proline On the B Peptide Chain of insulin. The body and other mammals make
insulin without this flip. Soon Lilly willno longer produce any animal
insulin and I suppose this is a wise decision considering the possibility
of retrovirus infections. Talk to your doc about transitioning to human
insulin from pork it can be done but it aint easy. spot