[IP] Re:why I chose MM, a Different FAILURE

Jan wrote:

Why hold that against the company? Of the over 100,000 pumps
>out there one door coming open (or 2) doesn't make them ALL bad.
My s-i-l once was upset because of a product failure that
>was *GUARANTEED*! That means IF there is a problem, they will take care of
>This problem was taken care of so why can't we drop the grudge? I have
>(8 yrs) had good service from MiniMed. Even now I'm waiting on a
>pump because I called to ask a question about a feature I wasn't trained on
>and mention about having to press a button on the right side of it instead
>in its center. It was just a call and they are replacing the whole pump!
>That's good service and I'll TRY not to mention that problem again since
>humans make all the products and none are GUARANTEED to NOT fail - just to
>replaced IF they do fail. (~_^)

>I have
>been very happy with the looks, features, service, and any ETC. I may have
>left out. YMMV
>When I meet medical people (nurses, techs, pharmacists, etc.) I ask if they
>have ever seen a pump? If yes, I ask if they have seen this one since it
>have been 10-20 years ago and still stuck in the
>crank-the-handle-to-start-the-car days. They are usually surprised at the
>updated one. 8^)
>Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pump 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C 3/99)
I agree with Jan, but still EMMV (everyone's mileage may vary).
I choose the MM 508 for the ease of downloading the pump and eliminating a
lot of the log work. I was told then that the com station would be available
in several months and given a price for it. This was great and even better
control and freedom gainned from the pump.
I have in the last year contacted MM by phone, E-mail, thier web site, and
my local rep. No responce from any inquire.
My question/comment here is: If the 508 and other pumps can not be
downloaded why is MM still advertising that they can be? If this feature is
still in developement why are they starting developing the 511 with out
finishing the others?
I wonder how many of the 100,000's of pumps where sold to others like me
wanting a computer connection?

This is my opinion alone and dose not reflect that of the IP or any-other
Dan B. T-1/23yrs/P-1yr