[IP] Re: waiting for a cure - or new pump

I'm still on catching up with old digests:
>     I must agree about not waiting for the latest model, you can always get
> the latest model, well....later! Start the pump NOW! You will not regret it!
>     This reminds me about trying to persuade a T1 friend to go on the pump,
> and he says, well, I would rather wait for the cure, because they are
> close to a cure.
>     Jan G.

And what's to say your friend's particular case would be one of those that the
cure would help? It may be for a shorter-term T-1, or children only, or
*honeymooners*, etc. until it's perfected. Some will say *they'll die trying*
about whatever. What about *die waiting*? But, I guess it's his choice -
certainly not mine.

About waiting for the *next generation/model* pump: That monster I started
with (size of a checkbook box) would have meant I'd still be waiting if I
wanted the latest - the 511. I am using my 4th pump in 17+ years and I never
waited until there was a better one. Why wait for the 2003 Cadillac when you
can have a Lincoln now? I am sad MM will be discontinuing the step motor - I
LIKE the  S L O W  delivery. I remember too well the pain I felt with the fast
delivery for 9 years of a CPI pump and had to break 6 units up into 3, wait 3
minutes and deliver the other 3. It was called Delay-Until-Hold feature that
was a poor choice of words. I feel another choice in my life is being taken
away with a faster pulse motor. I have a very sensitive system. My epitaph is
pre-written: Discontinued. (~_^)