Re: [IP] Decision to have children

I have only been following bits of this thread but I do feel compelled to
tell a little of my experience re having children. My control has never been
easy although I have always tried very hard with it. I had my daughter when I
was 34 and my son when I was 36, so that was a bit later than normal. My
husband and I don't have family nearby and so our support network has been
limited in that sense. He also works long hours (although is very supportive
when he is able to be there). Although it has been hard work it has never
occurred to me that having children could be questioned in any way
whatsoever. I am lucky to have two lovely youngsters who have been an
absolute joy from day one. I do remember going shopping one day and being in
a changing cubicle breastfeeding my baby (sudden desperate cries for food)
with my toddler performing on an emergency portable potty at my feet and then
I went hypo into the bargain!! No regrets though, none whatsoever, and it is
a case, as always, of doing what's right for you. From my children's
viewpoint they do have an added risk of becoming diabetic, but its not a very
significant added risk (less with a diabetic mother than with a diabetic
father I believe) and technology is moving forward so fast it may not be such
an issue if they do develop it.