[IP] Re: Insulin with Hysterectomy

Old, old digest again:
>>I had a partial hysterectomy about 6 years ago.  Was out of the hospital in
about 4 days.  Since I was still on shots then, I can't help with pumping
info, but during surgery they had me take no insulin in the am and the nurses
monitored my bgs all day.  I survived.  Jan, they gave me shots of heparin
right after surgery and the whole time I was in the hospital, I never really
understood why, now maybe I do.
RoseLea >>

I cut my original post, but I blamed my *pre-blood clot* in my lung on the
premarin shot since it occurred shortly after I was given it the week of
surgery. I was told it would last about 6 weeks and I would need another one.
Three months later while standing in the grocery line having my 9th hotflash
within an hour or so, I called the surgeon from a pay phone. He asked where I
was to see if I could get to his office  before he closed. I told him I didn't
want another shot, I'd prefer pills. He warned that it would take a few weeks
for them to take effect. I didn't care, didn't want to risk that business
again. He called in an Rx and I walked over and picked it up. It started
working that day! I'm very sensitive. That was 21 years ago last month. My how
time flies! And, no pumps, no home BGs, no nothin' that we have today.  (For
women only to read: Since I leave off 5 days of the hormones monthly, I no
longer have a period, therefore, I have a *dot.*) (~_^)