[IP] Re: decision to have children

In a message dated 12/13/00 5:43:41 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> This may be a dumb question but......  what's the point of
> amniocentesis?  My husband and I have already decided that it
> doesn't matter what the results are, the pregnancy won't be
> terminated (unless there's risk to *my* health or unless the baby
> couldn't possibly survive), so I'm wondering if they'd still do the
> amnios in that case and what the purpose would be.  I've tried
> searching online for this kind of info but haven't found anything that
I had one amnio while pg with Zachary.  I have often regreted it.
I risked losing Z just to find out if he would have had some chromosome
abnormality.  I would not have chosen to terminate the pregnancy and now
think I wouldn't have an amnio again.  They can't make you do it.  I often
think the medical community can't fathom that some people wouldn't terminate
a pregnancy no matter what was wrong with the baby.
Maybe try talking to your dr about this and give him/her your reasons for not
wanting the test.  They should listen to you.

type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000