RE: [IP] Decision to have children

In my case they did an amnio to see if my babies lungs were developed.

Nancy

>>This may be a dumb question but......  what's the point of
amniocentesis?  My husband and I have already decided that it
doesn't matter what the results are, the pregnancy won't be
terminated (unless there's risk to *my* health or unless the baby
couldn't possibly survive), so I'm wondering if they'd still do the
amnios in that case and what the purpose would be.  I've tried
searching online for this kind of info but haven't found anything that
really clears it up for me.<<