Re: [IP] Decision to have children

On 13 Dec 2000, at 15:08, Wayne Elliott wrote:

> > Subject: Re: [IP] Decision to have children
> I had to see my perinatalogist EVERY WK (and this from my first preg to my
> third - m/c first two)  ... they took care of my DM as well.
> I saw my peri every wk from the 3rd wk on, u/sounds each wk (I have DOZENS
> of sonograms), my first level III u/s (Have 4 HRS of my son on tape in
> utero)at 16 wks & ended up having 6 of those.. Amnio at 16 & 38 wks.  NST
> every other day from wk 37 on. . he was ALWAYS asleep too!   Oh, and had to
> see the ophthalmologist every 6 wks, but nothing happened with my eyes.

This may be a dumb question but......  what's the point of
amniocentesis?  My husband and I have already decided that it
doesn't matter what the results are, the pregnancy won't be
terminated (unless there's risk to *my* health or unless the baby
couldn't possibly survive), so I'm wondering if they'd still do the
amnios in that case and what the purpose would be.  I've tried
searching online for this kind of info but haven't found anything that
really clears it up for me.