[IP] Re: Shareholders & pens

> Jan,
> >Think about it, what else do diabetics
> have other than a pump?  It is the state of the art management tool that is
> rapidly growing in acceptance by medical professionals and patients alike,
> and MM is easily the market leader
> Lindsey

Thanks, Lindsey - and I thought I'd share the following I found today. How sad
news like this is spread when the pump is by far the *newest* (and best?) way
to deliver controlled amounts of insulin.

    December 11, 2000  -  Volume II; Issue #14

The pen is the newest way of giving your insulin. It is convenient, quite
portable, accurate, easy to use, and great for taking to work or when

All insulin types with the exception of L (Lente) and U (Ultralente) are
available in penfill cartridges. The various premixed insulins are also
available for use with the pen. If your insulin treatment plan requires taking
N and R insulin and the amounts do not fall into the proportions of one of the
insulins, then you would be required to take two injections.