[IP] Re: Rog's anniversary and BASH update - kinda long

>>>Hi list and Jan I made my 53 rd year today and didn't even realize it till
sat down to read the mail. I have spent a good part of it going over hockey
drills for next week. I guess I should start thinking more about inviting Jan
to my 60 or 75th  bash in 2022 or so. At any rate it was a good day and I
thank the Lord for all my 53 years of insulin being not so hard to get by.
Roger C dx 12/1/47 pm 5/8/00 hockey puck still in tow>>>

AND I MISSED YOUR ANNIVERSARY!!! Sorry, Rog, ol' pal - my PC was in Chicago
for 3 WEEKS and just got it back in time to be snowed in with it. 8^)   Sure,
I'll be there for your 60th AND 75th. I won't have to BAWL for that one.
<teehee> (BASH = Bawling, Amazement, Sincerity, Humor)

An update on BASH stuff. The Tribune called Monday to tell me the BASH article
would be the feature/cover story of the health section today. We didn't get a
paper yesterday, due to snow (tooo much). Well, today I haven't gone out to
get the paper yet, but thought I'd find it online. Couldn't. E-mailed the
newsie guy and he said the editor changed his mind and it won't run until
DECEMBER 27!!! At least it will still be this millenium (new one starts

I got a letter from Lilly that they are sending a sterling silver engraved
medal in honor of my 50th, too. And, I have been invited to the Joslin annual
dinner for 50+ yearers. The meal is *only* $50 per, plus airfare, plus $200
motel/hotel 1-night stay, etc. Being in January, I'm not planning to go - too
much snow possibility. Why don't they have it at a *decent* time of year?

And, about Dana - if I haven't already mentioned: I went with her to get her
pump started. Her CDE said it was ridiculous that *I* have 3 basal rates - you
need ONLY one!  She also said for her to change her basal to 0.3 from 0.6 for
half hour when 30 BG or lower (as though our thought processes work then!) She
said Dana would still have *background insulin* running every 3 minutes (MM
508). I said (can you imagine ME keeping my trap shut??) that the MM would
deliver 0.1 every 20 min. at that rate - the D delivers 3 min. She
vociferously disagreed with me. I told her each click is 0.1u - so she said
she'd have to call Sandy to check that out AND let it run on her desk and time
it.  I felt I was as needed as a sore thumb.  She is also going to hook Dana
up to a CGMS to prove to her the ONE basal rate is correct the way SHE set it.
Dana IS having a lot of problems. I wish she could get on the 'net and join
here.  BTW, as if you couldn't tell - the CDE is NOT a pumper. (~_^)