[IP] Fasting Basals

Could somebody give me the schedule for testing the Basal rates.  My CDE, as
wonderful as she is, doesn't seem to find it necessary to test my basal rates
by fasting.  She says just check before I eat, bolus, and we'll adjust it
from there.  It doesn't make any sense to me.  I thought I saw some kind of
time schedule here for testing the basal rates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, has anyone else found that coffee can make your BS go high?  I seem to
be having this problem.

Thank you,
Pumping since 12/1/00