Re: [IP] Insurance Denied me the pump...

At 02:45 PM 12/11/00 -0500, you wrote:
 >In a message dated 12/11/2000 9:16:02 AM Mountain Standard Time,
 >email @ redacted writes:
 ><< People who experience kidney
 > failure automatically go on to Medicare or Medicaid -- one of those. In
 > words, they're covered by the government -- not by the insurance company.
 > Ironically, I found that out when I was testifying before the state senate
 > favor of insurance coverage for diabetes (it passed), and an insurance
 > who was testifying against the bill told me that.  >>
 >That sounds like a load of sh . . . uhmmm, BALONEY to me.  True, some
 >plans have low lifetime caps and that might mean they end up on
 >Medicare/Medicaid fairly quickly . . . But I think think he was feeding you
 >the insurance "party line" .  .  .
 >Just my $.02
Speaking from experience, when your kidneys fail, you can receive Medicare
coverage immediately .  If you are forced to retire and apply for
disability benefits, then you can start receiving payments 6 months after
you apply.  Your Medicare insurance is in effect from the day you apply.

Been there, done that