[IP] oral surgery

I am having all four of my wisdom teeth and one molar removed on the 12th of
January. I can't eat or have any coffee that morning. Then if that isn't bad
enough I can't have a cigarette for two to three days (my husband will love
The surgeon wants me to sip on a regular 7UP not diet. He would like my bg's
to be between 150 and 200 before he puts me to sleep. Has anyone had this
done? I guess my biggest fear is that I will get low either during or right
after and not be able to do anything about it.
Any suggestions would be helpful.