Re: [IP] Insurance Denied me the pump...

In a message dated 12/11/00 12:51:33 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I would point out to them that an ERvisit 4x a year for DKA and or
 Hypoglyceamia Co$t$, as do the proceedures to treat the complications of
 diabetes. CAPD for kidney failure can exceed $20,000.00 a year.  Clinical
 Hemodialysis can Co$t $45,000.00 per year.  Laser eye surgery can run about
 $1,000.00 a pop, and bilateral amputation of the lower extremities can co$t
 roughly 18,000.00 + prosthetics. >>

I would agree with this except for one thing: People who experience kidney
failure automatically go on to Medicare or Medicaid -- one of those. In othe
words, they're covered by the government -- not by the insurance company.

Ironically, I found that out when I was testifying before the state senate in
favor of insurance coverage for diabetes (it passed), and an insurance agent
who was testifying against the bill told me that.

Jan and Elvis