[IP] Re: Why not pumps

> The only part that bothers me is that it's in the hands of doctors to
> play god and decide who should have one.

>  Natalie A. Sera, with all her ducks in a row!

I'm afraid that is the way it is with doctors.  It's up to the doctor if
you are to be treated for high blood pressure, or bled into the sink (as
my father was in '46 causing a brain hemorrhage in '50 for untreated
high bp), or being diagnosed with myasthenia gravis or incorrectly with
a nervous break down and being sent to the Mayo Clinc for shock
treatment (my mother).  I am also sure that doctors saved my sight (7
lazer surgeries) and probably life for prompt efficient care and
treatment and that they did save my brothers life and cured him (polio
'56).  In America, and most of the world, we can be informed and do
something about it if we don't like our care.  This list, and many
others, will help us decide if our doctor is serving our best
interests.  We can always 'get a second opinion'.

I think that the most important requirements are that we must want it
and are capable of handling it.  Finding a compliant doctor and
convincing the insurance company are now relatively minor.
Jack Granowski
email @ redacted
What if there were no hypothetical situations?