[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #695

In a message dated 12/10/2000 2:26:01 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< e been a diabetic for 31 years since age 10 and I live in the
 Philadelphia area.  I have just recently decided that I must go on the pump

hi Barbie, Believe me, you are only one of many who worry about having the
needle and tubing hanging from their stomach. For one thing, ;you can use
many more sites than the stomach, altho thats my favorite area. After a few
insertions, you will not even think about this thing thats attached to you.
Almost everyone obsesses about the pump until they actually get it and then
we all say the same thing. This little pump has saved my life. Why did I wait
so long to get it? Getting on Insulin Pumpers was a first good move to
getting a pump, no matter which brand. Everyone here will tell you you are
making the best decision of your life. Good luck, and please keep us all
posted on your progress. Joan