[IP] Re: The decision to have children

I remember about 2 years after I was diagnosed, my dad popped off with "If I
had know you would have gotten diabetes, I would have never had kids".  I had
never been so appalled (sp?) in my life.  Now don't get me wrong, my dad is a
wonderful man, but feeling a little depressed about the whole diabetes thing
at the time.  I told him exactly what I thought, which is my way anyway.  I
can't believe that someone would feel that way.

I have had a wonderful life.  I've been able to fulfill almost all of my
dreams.  I've been in a band, been married(still) and have 1 wonderful 10
year old son.  I would never let diabetes stop me from doing anything that I
wanted to do.

I decided a long time ago that diabetes would not run my life, I would.  I
just had to learn how to live with a few "extras" in my life that people
without diabetes don't have.  And now that I'm on the pump everything is just
that much easier.

By the way, my husband and I decided not to have anymore children, but not
because of the diabetes.  There were other issues in our life that it just
worked out with 1.

Best wishes to all