Re: [IP] Re: Why not pumps

Jack Granowski wrote:
> I have received this link from bbradrn for the ADA site that seems to
> support my view point.  Pump use requires: knowledgeable practitioners
> (sadly lacking), the desire to use one and the ability to use it.  Some
> require that they should only be used if satisfactory control can not be
> made otherwise and if there are scheduling problems (especially true for
> me).

The only part that bothers me is that it's in the hands of doctors to
play god and decide who should have one.

I had good control on MDI, and I DO have the self-discipline to keep my
schedule and meals very regular.

BUT who wants to live that way when they don't  have to?????

Fortunately my doc understood my rationale, but it's a shame when docs
put you in the double bind of either "your control isn't good enough for
you to deserve having the pump" or "your control is so good, you don't
need the pump".

 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted