[IP] After 14 days pumping; am now crashing. Should I need to reduce basals?

Is it common to have to make drastic changes in basals after only two weeks
on the pump?  Here's the data:

Pumping 14 days.
No unusual problems.
All health issues remain equal.
No major changes in personal environment.
No changes in activities nor daily schedules.
Somewhat reduced stress levels personally and business-wise
Am eating about 40% more than pre-pump
Am using about 25% less TTD insulin than pre-pump
bg's are relatively good.  (4-9)  (70-160)
Air temp now -2F  from 45F.  (This is the only major change... ...honest)!

Last four days have been experiencing decreasing need for basal.  Last two
days have been crashing.  Seven - Ten days ago; fasting basal testing
produced stable bg's over 4-8 hours and now the same time periods are
producing major drops as in 8 to 3 (150 to 60) in three hours!

Am I correct in concluding that after about a two weeks on pure H and the
pump; my body may be becoming much more insulin-efficient?  thus I need to
reset all basals so soon?

No endo here who endorces nor understand the pump of course... ...any
thoughts are really appreciated.

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 14 days thanks to the support of a lot of wonderful internet