Re: [IP] Whether or not to have children/passing along the DM gene?

  I just finished reading what you had to say.  I have never stopped to think
about what-ifs or shoulds for the future.  I've always assumed that maybe
someday my som Joshua, dxd 97 at age 5.5, would have a family of his own and
would probably pass on his unique gene.  But what I think about the most is
the incredible advances that will occur before then so that diabetes might be
as simple as, say, the flu or a cold.  Who knows.  We can't even imagine it
right now but then those dxd about 50+ years could not imagine wearing a
little computerized unit that delivered insulin which would allow them to
live far beyond the expected years of their time.

I had chills run down my body and almost thought I'd cry when I finished
reading you message.  What a gift you have.  And me too...my son, who turns 9
next wednesday!

sylvia staten
mom to Joshua