Re: [IP] Flu shots!

"Sherry Compton" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> The nurse at the clinic giving shots advised against it.  She said it could
hurt the baby, and that the only time she didn't have a flu shot was when she
was pregnant.  I'm so confused.  At this point, I guess I am going to take the
risk of getting the flu, rather than risk the vaccine.  I just wish someone
somewhere would give me a good
> answer.

One good answer coming up!  8-)

Sherry, the nurse is misinformed.  According to the guidelines published by
CDC's National Immunization Program (NIP), pregnancy is not a contraindication
for receiving the influenza vaccine, nor is breastfeeding.  For further
reading, click on http://www.cdc.gov/nip/publications/pink/flu.pdf (you'll
need Adobe Acrobat Reader - a free download).

Get the shot.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of my
wife who runs this house and makes more important decisions than I do.