[IP] Re: Whether or not to have children/passing

Pam, I loved your message.

There's a great essay by Nancy Mairs (who is severely
crippled by MS) about this topic -- about questioning
assumptions about what makes a particular person's life
worth living, especially when that person is disabled. I
think it's in her collection "Waist High in the World,"
and it's well worth reading.

I have gotten a lot out of reading her work, before and after
I was diagnosed with diabetes. She writes a lot about something
that many of us have gone through -- the discovery that it's
possible to cope with and live with something that you didn't
think you'd be able to stand to do, or to live with.