[IP] Re: Velosulin Information

Jeanie wrote, giving me background about Velosulin and ending with
 It's not a bad option if it helps with your allergy problems, just takes a
 little more planning and getting used to.

Many thanks for your help and information, Jeanie.  It's one possibility I'm
exploring.  I'm determined to keep pumping.

I did find something in Dr Koop's website about a test I'd not heard of (nor
was my endo aware of it when last I saw him - I guess allergy problems with
the pump are fairly rare).  It's called an anti-insulin antibody test. It is
a radioimmunoassay blood test that "measures your immune system's response to
insulin and the different types of cells present. . . . If the test shows
elevated values of IgE antibody against insulin, then your body has developed
an allergic response to the medication".

I just e-mailed my endo to see if our lab can run such a test and see if he'd
advise it at this stage of my exploration.  I'll keep you all posted.  Has
anyone else out there had such a test or heard of such a test?  Jill T