[IP] Flu shots!

I have had the opportunity the last few days to get a flu shot for $5.  I've never had one before, but an email was sent out to everyone on campus advising people over 50, Diabetics, and pregnant women to get one. So I went down and signed up.  Then the receptionist there made me call my OBGYN to check with him.  He said, "It's up to you".  I
called my endo.  He tranfered me to the "sharps" room.  They said "It's up to your doctor."
The nurse at the clinic giving shots advised against it.  She said it could hurt the baby, and that the only time she didn't have a flu shot was when she was pregnant.  I'm so confused.  At this point, I guess I am going to take the risk of getting the flu, rather than risk the vaccine.  I just wish someone somewhere would give me a good
answer.  That's what I call my doctors for!  It sure is frustrating.
But the clinic was going to make me sign a waiver saying that I would not hold them responsible.   So I decided to wait for now.

Sherry C.
>From the massive city of Bowling Green, KY
Hoping she doesn't get the flu.