Re: [IP] Re: ?ketones and pregnancy

In a message dated 12/8/00 8:17:32 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> Thanks Kerri and Faith, I know it sounded like a silly question!  It is too
> early to test at this point as I haven't even skipped a period!  So I guess
> my question is, do ketones show up during pregnancy?
> Jo
Hi Jo,
They can show up in pregnancy but I was told when I was pg that ketones are
very bad for the baby so everything you can do to keep it from happening you
should do.  I think I read if you're not getting enough calories in the baby
will break down your fat to feed itself and that can cause ketones.  No
expert here, just my experience and what i have read.

type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000