[IP] Re: Pixie PG update

Oh Pixie, I'm so sorry to hear this! To answer your question, yes
it is VERY normal to grieve (it is your child, after all)!
I don't want to fill you with false hope but I don't want you to
give up ALL hope just yet either. I do know of some women on pgcy
lists I'm on/been on who had very low hcg's, etc and they could
not see a heartbeat on the ultrasound when they thought they
should have (some could not see it on at least 2 ultrasounds a
week or so apart but later ones revealed a heartbeat.) They were
told the same thing, that things did not look promising. Turns
out that for many of them, their dates were just off (some did
miscarry but many of those who did also had spotting. The others
carried to term. Some of those who carried to term also had
spotting.) Some of them had to have progesterone supplements,
some did not. You just never know! It could just be too early to
tell anything at this point so don't give up just yet. If it
helps, I never had morning sickness with *any* of mine and some
women only have patchy morning sickness (others have it all day
long), so that isn't always a reliable indicator of viability (I
do have friends who have miscarried despite having horrible
morning sickness.) Give it a little time, even though the waiting
game is not easy. I hope the next news you get is more promising!
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

Pixie said:
Is it normal to greive for someone that never even developed it's
yet? I've slept 20 hours yesterday after we got back from the
OB's office.
She told me I did everything right, and it wasn't caused by my
diabetes at
all. It's my very first pregancy and I'm very depressed that it's

little guy due 3/10/01