[IP] Re: ?ketones and pregnancy

I don't think they are necessarily a *given* during pgcy, just
not that uncommon during pgcy (so just because they are there
doesn't necessarily mean you are pg. However, it definitely
wouldn't hurt to test for pgcy - the earlier you know, the
better. The Confirm test can tell you even a few days before your
period is due. It is supposedly the most sensitive one on the
market, next to the WalMart brand, Equate, and both brands are
very inexpensive.) Anyone can get ketones at any time but I do
think (from what I've read and heard) they are more common in pg
women than other people in general (besides diabetics.) Amie just
pointed out that dehydration can cause them, but they can also be
from not eating enough calories, illness, and of course for
diabetics, not getting enough insulin. I think for pregnant women
you most often see them first thing in the morning after a long
night's sleep and fast (unless you get up to snack in the middle
of the night like I do.) :) I hope this helps a little. Btw,
there is no such thing as a silly question!

Jo said:
Thanks Kerri and Faith, I know it sounded like a silly question!
It is too
early to test at this point as I haven't even skipped a period!
So I guess
my question is, do ketones show up during pregnancy?

little guy due 3/10/01