[IP] Re: Diabetes in the family

I was told some stats when my daughter was dx'd 4yrs ago but
can't remember them all. I think there was something like a 25%
chance that the sibs of a diabetic will get diabetes (I prefer to
look at it as a 75% chance that they won't.) As far as we know,
she is the only diabetic in our family, going back several
generations. I have 6 other children besides my diabetic child
(and another on the way) and so far the ones who are old enough
to be tested have not shown any of the markers. I know quite a
few families who have one or more children with diabetes so I
know that is always a possibility for us.

someone said:
>>> Does anyone know the probabilities of a sibling/relative becoming a diabetic vs a person with no family history?

little guy due 3/10/01