[IP] =?UTF-8?Q?Re:=20insulin-pumpers-digest=20V4=20#686?=

In a message dated 12/7/00 2:43:09 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< IP] Riddle me this >>

My daughter got her Animas pump this Sept.,  under 4 months after her
diagnosis.  Her doctor was great and the insurance company (HMO Blue) gave us
no problems at all with coverage.  I can't see any reason to wait except
allowing a little time for a diabetic to become competent with injections
incase they have to go back to this method for a little while.
An added advantage-she was not used to the insulin injection schedule and her
desire to get back to a "normal" schedule overcame any hesitation she would
otherwise have felt about being connected to an external device.  If we had
waited and she became used to the schedule of injections, snacks and meal
times, this might have been more of an issue.