Re: [IP] Subtracting fiber from the carbohydrate count

In a message dated 12/05/2000 10:16:38 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I eat a high carbohydrate, high fiber diet and
> have heard that when a serving contains 5 or more grams of fiber, that it
> should be subtracted from the total carb in the serving. (I noticed that
> John Walsh in "Pumping Insulin" says a portion with 4 or more grams of fiber
> should be subtracted.)

I was told to subtract all fiber per 5g but I have been subtracting all fiber
even if it is less than 5g. Maybe that is not the right thing to do but it
seems to have worked for the most part.