[IP] Endos using MDI as prerequisite before pump

My endo wanted me to show that I could follow an MDI regime before she wrote
me the prescription for my pump. It wasfor a very short time just to show I
was willing to test and count carbs. I used this time to select which pump I
wanted. I also asked her why and she said that part of her job is to help me
receive good numbers and get me setup correctly, which she can only do if I
am willing to test often and count what I eat etc. If I can't provide her
that information she can't really help me set anything up as she does not
know what goes on with my sugars.

I can see that it would be frustrating for an endo to put somebody on a pump
and then not be able to get them setup correctly since they are not willing
to do the work. I also know about a person on a pump whose a1c used to be in
the 9's because she was not testing or counting carbs correctly. She
eventually ended up in the hospital with DKA. She did not test and didn't
see her sugar rising from a set going bad. Did not feel it either until it
was too late. She pulled through and is today a model pumper with an a1c in
the 6's.