[IP] Self quiz

I do think that this information would be a great quick reference guide to
pumping and also serve as a prepump awareness tool.  I see a page for basal
rates, one for bolus ratios, one for carb counting, one for treating highs
and trouble shooting.  Laminated and tabbed.  We could put it together and
IP could sell and give it away.  I would be willing to help edit it.  Or
maybe it would be just the How To  pages from this site.

Curtis Lomax

Pumping Awareness Self-Quiz

Are you ready to start pumping?  This self-quiz has been designed to
raise your awareness of issues you should know prior to your start-up
day.  The more you know, the easier and more successful the transition
will be.  If you feel you need more information about a particular
topic, ask your Diabetes Team for guidance.

1. Describe a basal rate.  How does it differ from a carbohydrate bolus?

2. Describe a bolus ratio.  How does a carbohydrate bolus differ from a
basal dose?

3. What is a Fasting Basal Check and why do you do it?

4. How do you set and test basal rates?

5. How do you set and test carbohydrate bolus ratios.

6. What would make you suspicious that it is time for a basal rate

7. What would make you suspicious that it is time for a carb bolus ratio

8. Do you understand Carbohydrate Counting?

9. How would you treat a high blood glucose? Would your methods change
depending on the severity of the high blood sugar?

10. How many grams of simple carbohydrate would you use to treat a low,
without overtreating?  How would you determine this?

11. Do you understand the Unused Insulin Rule?

12. Have you read the user manual inside out and upside down?

13. Do you know of all the infusion sets available to you?

14. Are you aware of all the places that infusion sets can be inserted?

15. Do you understand the need for frequent Glucose tests?

16. Do you have a chart for recording Carbohydrates, Boluses, Basal
Rates, and Blood glucose readings?

17. Have you read the book Pumping Insulin or an equivalent?