Re: [IP] Riddle me this

One of my doctors (not an endo) has a niece with diabetes.  She's 16 and in
lousy control again.  She has been encouraged by family members (and myself)
to try a pump, but her endo has said she can't until she gets in better
control on MDI.  Now, my first reaction to this was how stupid.  On second
thought, however, I don't think it's so much a case of getting better
control on MDI, but of compliance.  If she's not trying at all on MDI to get
control, putting a pump on her will probably be no better.  As we all know,
just wearing a pump doesn't give you good control, the pump doesn't do it
all by itself, it takes time and work on our parts to make good control
happen.  So, I would guess that because of the cost of the pump, doctors and
insurances would like to make sure that a patient will do the work before
all the money is spent on a pump.