Re: [IP] Mexico

Hi Everybody!

     This is good. I do speak Spanish and this paragraph explains that this
person is a diabetic and has a "medical instrument" that delivers a measured
amount of insulin. It must be worn at all times. It mustn't be removed or
subjected to metal detectors. It is necessary for my daily health and to
maintain my life. It doesn't represent any danger or risk to the airplane or
to its passengers. Thank you.

* * * * * *
I'd like to add some vocabulary words.

insulin pump: bomba de insulina
Where is a restaurant?: Donde hay un restaurante?
blood sugar: asucar de sangre
My blood sugar is low. I need to eat something sweet.:
El asucar del sangre esta bajo. Necesito algo dulce para comer.
I am an insulin-dependent diabetic.: Soy una diabetica (un diabetico)
dependente en insulina.

* * * * * *
I am not a Native-speaker. I was just gifted with this talent with a little
help from jr. high, high school and some college Spanish. The
sentences/words above are correct. There may be a grammatical error here or
there, but everyone will understand you.

Another thing to think about is that the hours of the meals may be different
as they are in Spain and Italy. I went to Italy on my honeymoon and we were
thinking that we could eat dinner at around 6 p.m. Well, the restaurants
didn't open until 7 or 7:30 p.m. Thank goodness for bread and hard salami!
This may not be a problem for any of you already on the pump, but I thought
I'd mention it anyway.

Whatever you do, please take all of your doctor's notes and prescriptions,
as was noted in an earlier e-mail.

If you have anything else that you would like translated before the trip,
please let me know.