Re: [IP] Riddle me this

On 6 Dec 2000, at 18:14, Curtis Lomax wrote:

> Riddle me this.  Why are people not put directly on the pump at diagnosis?
> or soon after honeymoon.

in my case, my endo wanted me on it immediately *because* of
my intense needlephobia, but saw my reaction to her casual
mention of it and knew that she'd have to wait until my fears were
somewhat lessened.

She said also, my insurance company required that I prove I could
do MDI, carb counting and many tests per day.  Or perhaps it was
her medical group's requirements.  I'm not sure.