[IP] Riddle me this

Riddle me this.  Why are people not put directly on the pump at diagnosis?
or soon after honeymoon.

I think there is an unsupported Dogma that pumping is for advanced
diabetics, whatever that is.  Or that there is a feeling that they would
not appreciate the wonders of pumping if they have not gone through the
hell of MDI.

I suppose that if the insurance hasn't figured out the economics of healthy
diabetics, then they would be a hurdle.  Assuming that the insurance was
amenable to pumps, what are doctor's hesitations in putting people on

Is a two year old better controlled or safer on MDI?

Curtis Lomax