[IP] Challenge to my doctor

I saw my doctor yesterday and got to meet his other pump patient.
As I've said before, he's new at having pump patients but willing to
learn. He made a comment that he gave us credit for "dealing with
something attached to us all the time."

Well, he shouldn't have left me and the other patient wait so long
because in about 15 minutes we devised a challenge for him. We
hooked him up to his pager with an infusion set. For the next three
days he has to take his blood sugar at least 8 times every day,
record what he eats and his blood sugar and also figure out the
carbs for everything he eats and pretend to bolus.

If he deals with staying connected for three days and records all
etc... He's going to match each of our $50 donation to the JDA. If
he doesn't he triples the match. We figured this would give him an
idea of our daily life.

I'll let the list know the outcome of our doctor challenge.
Gail J Donohue