[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #684

In a message dated 12/6/2000 12:21:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  Many of you have told me about your fear of
 > DKA because apparently you can become detatched from
 > the pump and not realize it, and because there is no >>

Hi Sarah, New pumpers always seem to obsess over every little thing with the
pump. Ive been pumping since August and I have never had a site pull out, or
for that matter, Ive never had anything go wrong with my pump at all . I see
here where alot of diabetics say they couldn't stand having anything hanging
from their body 24 hours a day. Really, I never even give it a thought  Just
go for it, you won't be sorry. Just read the posts here. We all say its the
best thing we ever did for ourselves.  Joan