Re: [IP] ? ketones and pregnancy

My daughter is 4 1/2 months pg does not have diabetes. She went in for her
monthly check up and she had ketones. Is this a sign of impending gestational
diabetes? They did no BG check.
I am concerned. The mid wife told her to drink a lot of water but it seems to
me they should have done a BG check.  Any input? Am I worrying over nothing?
She has gained 4 pounds.
She is a petite person. She has been dizzy and faint feeling between meals.
is a middle school teacher so she can't go and get something.
I don't know how to advise her re: this.
email @ redacted
PS My oldest daughter who is 30 never had any problems with ketones during
pregnancy but she doesn't have diabetes either.