Re: [IP] More Hypo Fun!

Sherry, I have had two children and I do remember what you are going
through vaguely...my children are 11 and 7...anyway,  I too, ironically
required less insulin throughout my entire pregnancy...I even went a
little while right before giving birth and right after..not taking
insulin at all..My Endo and Internist called it a "honeymoon" phase due
to pregnancy...hmmmmm.  Ask you doc about it...  10 is waaayyy to low
girlie.....I hope you took off from work early today.

Rhonda in Dallas

>From: "Sherry Compton" <email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted >Subject: [IP] More
Hypo Fun! >Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 14:44:55 -0600 > >Well, I had another
crazy hypo that came out of nowhere today. I had just lowered my 3-7 AM
basal rate by .2 yesterday in order to cut down on morning lows. Well
this morning at 6:45 I was 59. 9:00 I was 126 Then at 11:15 I was 10!!!
>I didn't even know it was possible to be 10, although I have been 18
before. It started about 10:20 or so with profuse sweating and confusion.
In the back of my mind I knew something was wrong, but I just couldn't
concentrate on what I needed to do. Then when my husband came by work to
take me to lunch, he said, "Come on, NOW. We are >testing your blood
sugar." >I came back up to 66 within 45 minutes and felt fine by an hour
later. But in the meantime I had sweated so much and spilt so much juice
on myself that I had to change clothes before going back to work. I was
tired enough to try to take the rest of the day off, but I'm trying to
save all my sick days for maternity leave. >I thought I would require
more insulin being more than 15 weeks pregnant, but so far I have far
more hypos with the same basals as before. And I haven't been able to
tweak my basals much because the hypos don't seem to come in any type of
pattern. No rhyme or reason here. >I feel bad scaring my husband like
this all the time. Lately I feel like a huge burden. He admitted that he
doesn't sleep well because he is always worried about me during the
night. If I wake up to go to the bathroom he always wakes up and asks
"What's wrong??" >I know it will all be worth it when my baby is here,
but is sure does suck now. > >Sherry C >From the massive city of Bowling
Green, KY >Hating those crazy hypos