Re: [IP] Mexico

In a message dated 12/6/00 5:02:48 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I leave for Mexico on Monday.  Does anyone have any advise as I travel out
 of the country with my pump.

I've never had any problems when traveling out of the country (Asia, Europe,
Mexico ...), but I always carry a letter from my endo with me saying I wear
an insulin pump and carry the various pump, testing supples, syringes (for
emergencies), etc. Nobody has ever questioned me, so I've never shown it. I
do carry copies of all my prescription meds (can get from your pharmacist)
and carry pills in the original containers. Take about twice the number of
supplies you think you'll need. Don't depend on being able to find diet sodas
(sometimes labeled "light" instead of "diet"). Taste the food before you
bolus (in case you don't like it). Have a good time!!!!  :-)

Jan and Elvis