Re: [IP] meter lost in the cold-update

Michael wrote:
> I suspect the "death" was caused by condensation inside the meter as
> it began to warm up. If you take the batterie out and store it in a
> warm dry place for a few days, I suspect it will come to life again
> and be fine. Water doesn't hurt most electronics as long as no power
> is applied and everything is dried out again. Circuit boards are
> commonly "washed" in a thing very similar to a dishwasher.

Well... We took the batteries out right away(needed them for the spare
meter). Checked the  meter on Sunday night and we got "Temperature error,
Cannot perform test" again we took out the batteries. We also found a nice
warm, soft, dry, place for her accu-chek to rest in. Again, we checked Eve's
meter today(Wednesday) and again "Temperature error, Cannot perform test". I
think it was out in the cold too long and that it was too cold outside for
her poor meter(weeping now).  :-) Maybe it died from sever frostbite. lol

Will be calling accu-chek today for a replacement.

Deborah mom to Eve 13.5
Dxed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99