Re: [IP] Software -- Attn: GEEKS -> Languages

Hi all:

I'm in the process of registering a project at sourceforge so we can
coordinate efforts from there.  From the concerns people have about Palm /
Mac compatibility, and a GUI, do the following language options sound

(Correct me if I'm wrong since I don't know either language well but am
always willing to learn a new one for a project. ;) )

1) Java.  Portable, GUI, object oriented, modular.  Will work on most
platforms (depending on JVM).
2) Python.  Portable, compilable, GUIable (via Tkinter), OOP.  Not sure if
the Mac version or Palm versions have decent GUI implementations.

We should shortly move this off the main IP list I suppose.  No response
yet from the Glucose32.exe person / people.

I think as long as the communication protocols are available for
glucometers we shouldn't mention Open Source to Pharma companies / meter
makers.  If anything their lawyers will bring out the big rubber stamp that
says "REJECT" right away due to "IP being threatened".  As long as the
protocols are available why do we need to involve them?

Dave S.