[IP] Re: Carb to Insulin Ratio Fluctuations

I am a little glad that it appears that others experience the same thing
that I do.  My ratios vary throughout the day (6 grams/unit to 10/unit),
as do my basals (.2/hr to .9/hr).  I am constantly fasting and adjusting
to try to get the best results possible and every time that I mention
that my ratios vary I am told that my basals must be off, even though on
a fast my bg's run perfect.

The way that it was explained to me, in '93, was that you do not go on a
pump unless you want to, and are able to, work at it.  You should not
expect to be able to set a constant basal and use a standard ratio for
the rest of your life, even though some may.  I'm afraid that I get a
little upset when a list mate will declare that 'your basals are wrong'
or 'you're doing it wrong, that's not the way I do it'.  The right
advice is to 'check your basals' or 'this works for me, you may want to
consider it'.

YMMV and YMMC (change).
Jack Granowski
email @ redacted
If you get up early, work late, and pay your taxes, you will get ahead
if you strike oil.
 - J. Paul Getty